Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dear Texas,

I know it's been a while since we've seen each other, but I hope it's OK with you if I drop a line and see how you're doing. I heard a few things from some friends that worried me a little bit, but I didn't want to jump to any conclusions without talking to you first. We've had our ups and downs but if anything that's brought us a little closer, right? So I think we owe it to each other to keep ourselves in check.

I'll cut right to it. I guess it boils down to the company you've been keeping and the sort of things they're telling you. I know Joe Horn isn't the kind of guy I'd hang out with, but if you two got along then that's great. He just seems a little misguided, is all. He always has the best intentions, always tries to help out, but don't you think he can be a little aggressive sometimes? Maybe a little stubborn? I know you guys have that whole "gun culture" thing in common, which I've never really gotten, but again, I won't judge you for that alone. But it did freak me out a little bit when I tried to surprise you that one Juneteenth and you pulled a .357 on me when I jumped out of the bathroom. That's just not like you man.

My other big point of contention is this materialism kick you've been on. You've always been a scrappy, independent kind of guy and I really dug that about you, but lately it seems like all you care about are things. Plasma TVs, cars, stereos. They're nice, but aren't there more important things? Isn't life a little more important than stuff you get at Best Buy? I was just really surprised to hear that about you, that's all.

Look, don't take this the wrong way. I don't want this to ruin our relationship. I know you're close to Amy's family, even my family has some connections to you, so I'm just looking out for you. I don't trust that Horn guy. I'd hate to see you get stabbed in the back.

Or shot.

Your bud,
colin

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: